While the recovering economy may eventually drive consumers back to restaurants in droves, the past few years have taught many that cooking and entertaining at home can be every bit as enjoyable as eating out – and a lot less expensive. Whether they want to create restaurant-style gourmet meals or quick and easy eat-and-run dishes, the latest cooking appliances present numerous options to meet these challenges.
Time savings continues to be a huge trend, so speed cooking functions are in high demand. Likewise, technology that simplifies cooking – from “smart” ovens to induction cooktops – are hot, with the caveat that the technology must be easy to use. At the same time, cooking appliances that offer the ability to create gourmet meals are also in demand as entertaining at home remains a popular trend.
Below are some of the hottest trends in cooking appliances today:
- Technology that enables homeowners to do more with less time, work and clean up is extremely popular right now. That means there’s a growing demand for everything from pre-programmed ovens that simplify cooking to cooktops with easy-clean surfaces.
- For those with a passion for gourmet cooking, commercial style cooking equipment is still hot, with consumers looking for duel fuel ranges and cooking appliances that give them greater control (i.e. going from super high BTUs to ultra low simmer capabilities). From a design standpoint, options run the gamut from the ever-popular stainless steel to warmer, stylish hues to bold primary colors.
- Design flexibility is a key trend in kitchen design today, creating a growing interest in multifunctional products and cooking appliances that offer placement flexibility, such as drawer microwaves, double oven ranges, etc.
- Consumers are more price conscious than in years past, so cooking appliances need to offer real value at every price point.
- Healthy cooking continues to be a hot trend, driving interest in steam ovens and cooktops that offer a healthy grilling option.
- With fewer consumers ready to jump into a full-scale kitchen expansion, there’s a growing interest in maximizing outdoor kitchen spaces, with upscale grills that include a host of bells and whistles.
Thanks to Kitchen & Bath Design News